International non-governmental organization Internews in partnership with the Academy of Ukrainian Press is calling for participation in the competition of mini-projects. Within the competition, we are going to support the projects which are aimed at promoting media literacy among youth from the regions.
Competition priority topics:
– Media literacy tools (critical thinking, fact-checking, media text analysis, value-based analysis, etc.) used for election campaigns.
-Awareness of mass media role during the election campaign.
-Building the skills for assessment and interpretation of pre-election political advertising/agitation to identify false and misleading politicians’ promises.
-Building the skills for local media environment assessment.
Competition priority activities:
Competition projects may include but not be limited to conduction of educational workshops, camps, bar camps, educational quests, etc.
Target audience: youth of 18-29 years old
Who is eligible: NGOs, unions, associations, communities and other organizations registered in accordance with the Ukrainian law as non-profit or charity organizations.
Financial terms: the project budget should not be over $ 3 000.
How to apply: Applicants should send a project proposal and detailed project budget to the e-mail of Valeria Riabyk, project assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail subject should be “Competition of mini-projects: media literacy for young voters. Application”.
Deadline for submission: May 06, 2019
Competition results will be published at the AUP’s website (www.aup.com.ua) and sent to e-mails of the competition applicants on May 24.
Period for project realization: June 1 – September 15, 2019.
Project proposal should include the following chapters:
І. Information about the applicant
- Name of organization.
- Phone number.
- Head of organization.
- Contact person (if different)
- Number of team members (permanent members, volunteers) of organization.
- Organization’s key activities.
- Description of the organization’s activity for the last 2 years (may include the list of previously implemented projects).
- Please, send also in separate annexes: copy of Certificate from the Unified State Register of Entrepreneurs and Organizations; copy ofNon–Profitability Certificate, bank details.
ІІ. Project description
- Project title.
- Project goal and objectives.
- Goal-directed project activities.
- Period of project implementation with the detailed timeline.
- Expected project results.
- Indicators used for measurement of activity results.
- Project experts (trainers). Attention! Experience of experts and trainers engaged in activities should not be less than 4 years of conducting trainings in the field of media education.
- Project partners and their role in the implementation of planned activities.
ІІІ. Project budget.
– Applicant is eligible for participation.
– A project is corresponding to the competition main priority topics.
– Goals, objectives, types of activity and expected results are realistic and clearly identified.
– Project results can be achieved within the identified time period.
– Budget provisions are realistic and rationalized.
In case of having any additional questions, please, address Oksana Volosheniuk, the AUP’s media education manager, via phone number: 0675049802
This competition was made possible to conduct due to the support of the American people
provided through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the terms of “Media Program in Ukraine” that is realized by the international organization Internews.
The contents of materials are the sole responsibility of the Academy of Ukrainian press
and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID, the US Government and Internews.