AUP has been using particularly the content analysis method as it has a number of significant advantages regarding the detection of biased information in media, namely:
- Puts central aspect of the content forward that is analyzed considering such communicative means as text and on-air time;
- Enables to conduct both quantitative and qualitative actions;
- Provides historical understanding of events by analyzing texts;
- Statistically analyzes the encoded text form;
- Allows experts to interpret the text;
- Method reliability rate makes 85-95% (for different categories of analysis) that is the highest level of reliability for such operations.
The categories of research:
- Manipulation of leading media and their political bias;
- Data on media and the situation in Ukrainian media;
- Data on the quality reporting level, balance and pluralism of media content;
- Data about the accessibility of political parties to media;
- Accurate and research-based data regarding the level of information objectivity and balance as it is represented in media.
|[ 09.08.2012 ] Monitoring of Political News
(Brief description and examples of monitoring results)