We are inviting you to take part in the web-forum “Information Challenges and Pandemic Threat 2020” organized by the Academy of Ukrainian Press.
The event is particularly unique since the key world experts from more than 15 countries are going to introduce their cases at the single online platform. We wish to share our experience on avoiding fakes and total disinformation at time of the unprecedented challenge of pandemic in 2020.
While running the discussions and talks in the format of web-forum, we will create a media literacy hub to help you receive the most relevant information and explanations of the recent events happening in the world. Taking part in this event will allow you to outline the new horizons for professional activity and self-development in terms of the quarantine.
Thus, the following issues are going to be discussed during the web-forum:
- Infodemic 2020: reasons, essence, consequences;
- Why has the highest ever number of fakes and manipulations appeared just at time of pandemic?
- Countering disinformation and the ways of distinguishing between quality information and fakes, jeans (biased content) or half-truth: criteria and identification markers;
- Learning to use reliable content under the circumstances of media bubbles during the self-isolation and quarantine;
- Changes in the world after the end of pandemic: threats and opportunities;
- Education and self-education during the pandemic.
We will have the key experts in the fields of mass media, media education, psychology, and virology from Germany, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tadzhikistan, Belarus, Russia, Sweden, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Poland, and Ukraine.
The pandemic became a real mental challenge for our planet. Let’s discuss the issue altogether and develop the new ways for cooperation in media!
The registration form has a field where you may ask the question to our experts in the area of your expertise and interest. Follow the link and get registered here>>>
See you soon on-line!
Please, ask any clarifying questions per e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org